What is Chronicle Protocol?
Chronicle Protocol is a trailblazing Oracle solution that has exclusively secured over $10B in assets for MakerDAO and its ecosystem since 2017. With a history of innovation, including the invention of the first Oracle on Ethereum, Chronicle Protocol continues to redefine Oracles. A blockchain-agnostic protocol, Chronicle overcomes the current limitations of transferring data on-chain by developing the first truly scalable, cost-efficient, decentralized, and verifiable Oracles, rewriting the rulebook on Oracle data transparency and accessibility.
Chronicle’s Key Developments:
- Cost-Efficient Oracles: Chronicle has developed a smart contract called Scribe, which via an optimistic Schnorr hybrid design delivers gas fee savings of over 60% on L1 and 68% on L2. With this development, cost-efficient push Oracles become a reality.
- Scalability: Due to this huge reduction in operational costs of Oracles, Chronicle can scale to deliver real-time and precise data.
- End-to-End Verifiable Data: Using the on-chain Dashboard called The Chronicle, anyone can provably track where every element of data has come from, creating the first censorship-resistant layer for data transmission.
- Accessibility: Chronicle Oracles have been designed to be blockchain agnostic, with a plug-and-play interface for those currently using Chainlink or Maker Oracles.
- Unrivaled Security: Underpinning the protocol is a community-powered consensus network of 22 Feed node operators that includes trusted protocols such as Infura, Etherscan, dYdX, Gnosis, Argent, Gitcoin, Maker, and more.
- Resilience: Relays transfer data over multiple transport layers on and off-chain, including Secure Scuttlebutt and Tor. This ensures if a layer, Feed, or Relay were to go down, the protocol would continue operating as long as a quorum can be reached.
From September 2023, Chronicle, the previously exclusive Oracle to MakerDAO, will be made available to all Web3 builders.
Earn up to $5000 in the Hackathon
Look out for the Chronicle Protocol bounty in the ETH Warsaw Hackathon and get a chance at scooping $5k for integrating a Chronicle Oracle, or two!
Keynote, Workshops, and Presentations
Every day at ETH Warsaw you can take part in one of Chronicle Protocol’s workshops, or listen to a presentation.
This is your chance to understand how implementing Chronicle Oracles can bring down your operational costs and increase your protocol’s security, decentralization, and verifiability.
Nik Kunkel — Keynote — Chronicle Protocol: Verification is the Ultimate Form of Trust
Paweł Zaremba — Presentation — Oracles: The Next Generation
Merkleplant.Eth — Workshop — How to use Chronicle Protocol’s new Scribe Oracles
Michał Dobaczewski — Workshop — Introduction to Ethereum Development with Go
Find Us At The Booth!
Chronicle will have a booth at the far end of the main hall, ground floor, opposite the hackathon area. Make sure to find the team and grab some limited-edition Chronicle SWAG, including t-shirts, hats, and stickers. If you’re taking part in the hackathon you’ll also get an exclusive pair of Chronicle socks!
Look out for the team:
Paweł Zaremba — @teghnet
Rachel Bier — @bier_rachel
Michał Dobaczewski — @MichalDobak
Nik Kunkel — @nomos_paradox
We can’t wait to meet you at ETH Warsaw — and don’t forget you have a chance to join Team Chronicle!
Tickets are on sale now at www.ethwarsaw.dev! Buy yours today and make a huge web3 splash with us in Warsaw!
About Chronicle Protocol
Chronicle is a blockchain-agnostic protocol that overcomes the current limitations of transferring data on-chain by developing the first truly scalable, cost-efficient, and decentralized Oracles. Since 2017, Chronicle has secured over $10B for MakerDAO, and, for the first time, its market-leading Oracles are now available to all Web3 builders.
Learn more about Chronicle Protocol and its transformative Oracle solutions by visiting https://chroniclelabs.org. Stay updated by following Chronicle Protocol on Twitter and join the community in Discord.